Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 6, Leaving the MTC and the 48 hour Arrival to the Mission Field

Ok. Where THE HECK, do I start? So I go and get on a bus at the Centro de Capacitación para Misioneros.(español for MTC) Then I get to a train station that took me to Salt Lake City. Then we got on a Tram thingy that took us to the Airport. Then I went through security and stuff and sat down at my terminal. 

Elder Scott and I and the 14 hour wait at the SLC Airport...it's only just begun!

It had been like 4 hours since we left the CCM. We had to wait like another 3 hours for our plane to get to the airport and stuff. Little did we know, that plane was not going to be ours! It had a problem so we had our plane downsized and delayed by an hour. 30 people lost their seats. 

There was also another problem... Since we were being delayed another hour, when we would not get to Atlanta, GA before our plane to Buenos Aires, Argentina would have left! Therefore, we called the Front desk of the travel department at the CCM.

The front desk was like OH SHOOT! COME BACK TO THE MTC! And we were like.... UGH... NO!!!!! But they were like, yeah. Come back. Therefore my companion took it upon himself to talk to the people at the ticket desk in the airport and he tried to get us on other planes... I don´t think he was suppose to do that but I was like whatever at this point. Eventually we called the travel office again and we worked something out.

I got volunteered to stay behind with a group of another 11 missionaries. While the other group was going to get on another plane to Atlanta. They left and we stayed there in Salt Lake. Our next plane was going to be there at 1am in the morning... Therefore I spent 14 hours in that airport! Let me be the first to say....escalators are the funnest thing on this planet. (the ones that are flat and just move you forwards)


PHONE CALL
Elder Horton was able to talk on the phone with us for over an hour.  Here are a few interesting things we learned:

  • They were happy to eat at Cafe Rio one last time at the airport
  • He is visiting with several people already in the airport and sharing pass-along cards and do some contacting discussions, but it was hard because they had so much carry on baggage
  • Elder Scott from Utah is his companion right now while they travel (see photo above)
  • There is a sister traveling with their group who was on the native track, so she didn't study with them, but she is going to serve in Posadas with them
  • He was able to be on the phone while Zack Kohlieber announced his mission call to "Trinidad Port of Spain" an island off the top of South America
  • He is embracing his mission call and that of being a missionary and loves it!
OK! So I finally get to Atlanta, and its like awesome! I loved it, it was super neat to check out the airport there. It´s really large and has much nicer chairs and lounges to sit in. We got there at 6am in the morning mind you! We got a hotel really close to the airport and then we stayed there like all day and slept and took showers. We still had our same suits on though because our bags were sent with the other group of people...

I´m actually running out of time for this email. If you actually read this far too.. You are a capo. a (stud) I have to speed up this email! Sorry!

(IN ARGENTINA!)
Hi Everyone!

This keyboard is a Spanish only keyboard, I can barely figure out the symbols to type and use shift So I'm not going to punctuate this. Hey! I'm here in Buenos Aries, Argentina! I cant wait to talk to you guys! I'm alright and I have all my bags. I have some cool pictures too! I don't know much yet I just got here so, ill let you know on my P-Day what is what! 

So we eventually got to Buenos Aires, Argentina and then take a commuter plane up to Posadas. We had to stay in our suits for 3 days.............. I smelled like something not of this world. I CANT EVEN TELL ANYONE HOW IT IS TO BE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND EVERYTHING IS LIKE WAHH! MCDONALDS BIG MACS ARE LIKE 33$ (pesos...= 3$) 

Love you all!

Elder Horton

Driving to our next airport! We are in Bueno Aires.

Picture of some terminals, I don´t really know what it´s for but it was
neat. Still on our way to the next airport in Buenos Aires.
33$ BIG MAC....  33 pesos haha! thats about 3 dollars.

I really don´t know how I got this picture but it´s amazing just look at it.

This is like a toll road thing, I don´t really know exactly but it had huge
prices, but I think it´s a lot smaller in American Dollars.

Weird house art.
Picture of some Buenos Aires City Scape.
I SERIOUSLY GOT A PICTURE OF THE BUENOS AIRES TEMPLE,
we passed by it on 
the way to our next airport.
In Buenos Aries commuter airport waiting
for our next destination: Posadas Argentina.
On our way out of Buenos Aires.
Just landed in Posadas! Here´s our plane.
Just outside the Posadas Airport, that´s literally
the whole airport right 
there.
President LaPierre and his wife and his asistant missionaries
came to greet 
us, they were super excited!


Elder Stephen Horton
Argentina Posadas Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment