Monday, March 7, 2016

12th Week Out, Week 6 Jardin America, "¿¡Què en el mundo!? New Mission Companion Elder Eddenfield (Prior AP)"

Hey!

So I`m just missionarying it up out here like crazy now! I have finished my first transfer!! AND GUESS WHAT!
My companion Elder Evans and I were at a Stake Conference. We finished the conference and then President LaPierre was like, hey I need to talk to you Elders. Then it was like BOOM ELDER EVANS YOU ARE NOW ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT. And just like that it happened. I`m actually not with my new companion yet. He will be joining me in Jardìn Amèrica on Wednesday. His name is Elder Eddenfield.

He is probably the most legit missionary on this planet. HE`S SO ENTHUSIASTIC. Like when you think of someone like that you can really just see sarcasm all day long with that person. But not with Elder Eddenfield. He is always super excited and just wants to win at missionary work. He is on his VERY LAST transfer. And I have the privilege of taking that last month with him. He can speak Castellano fluently and also Portuguese. 

He`s from California, I think from Anaheim? I`ll find out more about him, but really all I do know is that he was the previous Assistant to the President. And he`s spending his last 30-ish days with me.

I am continuing to learn Castellano, I can actually hold a conversation-ish with a person. I`d say I`m at a 45% point by now. I can speak pretty well, the hard part is understanding them! Which is the most important part for me... Ha!

So I guess something weird I can share is when we were walking around an area contacting. There were these kids climbing around on these bricks. And one of them began to pee on his friend...I don`t know... yea..

But ANYWAYS! I love it here! It`s SO HARD! I could give you the run down but, that`s too much to write!

I know that Jesus Christ is up in heaven right now, and he is fervently watching us! These are the last days and Israel is gathering! I am so grateful I have been given a portion of his vineyard to work in. I know he will guide me and bring me to the places I need to be!

Thanks to everyone who reads my emails. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Impressions of Jardìn Amèrica:
There are a lot of Evangelicanos here. I don`t know what that is in English. It`s the church where when people feel the spirit they get up and start screaming or "fainting" because they have been overpowered by the spirit. We had a lesson with one of our investigators named Elizabeth. We took her to a member`s house and had a lesson with her. The member had her mom there at the time. She was of the Evangelica church.

Something that really caught my attention was when we asked her how she feels when she feels the spirit. She said that she could feel it only when she went to her Evangelica church in Buenos Aires. And she could never feel it when she wasn't in Buenos Aires.But when she was there with us she said that she could feel it when we were talking! :)


Elder Eddenfield - recent AP coming to join me for his last 30 days in Jardin America
Another great food...I forget the name at the moment.

Elder Dallen Eddenfield, from Sacramento, CA

Look at these cool scripture covers!  All handmade, I have got to check into this for sure...!




No comments:

Post a Comment