Monday, April 18, 2016

18th Week Out, Jardin America Week 12, "My Greenie going home already"

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY EVERYONE!

Primero, I would like to say hello to everyone. Again. GREAT!

Hi How are you all!? So what´s new? I AM GETTING A OVEN IN MY APARTMENT! Like legit, we don´t have an oven. I have been here all my life and I haven´t had a working oven. The Office in Posadas gave me like 4000 pesos to buy an oven! IT´S LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

So let´s just get this started right now; if anyone of anyone would like to send me some recipes that I can use out here in Argentina, considering my limited amount of supplies and tools and food to do it. Please feel free to hit me up with that amazingness.

I´ve already got lemon bars down, don´t even get me started... Hermana LaPierre let me use her phone to look up a recipe. I´m excited to make me some lemon bars. I HAVEN´T HAD FOOD IN SUCH A LONG TIME! Like lemon bar type food!

OH! También they´re getting me some more money so I can buy more stuff! I get to buy desks, and a shelf thing for my bags and books. President was just passing through to get to Iguazú (the other end of misiones) and he stopped by our pension to see how Elder Garrido is doing! He says to me, "Elder Horton grab a piece of paper... ok, now get ready to write, I´m going to make a list." And now I am on my way to the good life of FURNITURE! I´m so ready!

ANYWAYS! The reason why he actually stopped by was because he had to see Elder Garrido. My new companion. So apparently something is going on with Elder Garrido´s feet! He can´t walk on them because they hurt really bad. He showed me and they´re like peeling and all hecho percha. SO! Basically he needs to see a doctor.

I´m pretty sure he is actually going to go back to Chile to find a doctor out there. Poor guy too, he is really upset about it.

SO YEA! I kinda just fail at life because I get set up to train someone and then BAM HE´S LEAVING THE MISSION! Haha! Ha! I´m such a bad trainer/father

My kid is going to pass away a little early I guess...

Ok my friends! Let´s talk about more stuff! CHURCH! Let´s talk about that! SO there were people at our capilla all the last two weeks! And they went and re-painted the whole building! They fixed the roof and painted the outside! Then they installed a completely new bathroom in the men's bathroom! IT´S SO FANCY! THERE IS TILE AND URINALS NOW! It was like a pipe and a wall last time. You just like. Go. weird...

ALSO! Something really funny about here is that when people talk in church. They don´t give respect to the person talking. Everyone thinks that THEY can say it better than the person giving the class. Or like the teacher doesn´t understand when they say something. So whenever the teacher or ME is giving the class and asks a question. The people are like BLAH BLAH! NO BLAH BLAH NO! BLAH!

Ok that didn´t make any sense! let´s try again. (by the way if anyone hasn´t noticed my apostrophy thingies are backwards or something and I HATE IT! I DON´T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!) (sorry)

Ok so basically it´s like this;
Teacher: "Alright children (40-70 year old adults) WHO KNOWS... THE TRUTH!!??"
Students: "I DO... NO I DO! WAIT I DO! LET ME TALK! WAIT ME! NO!!!"

I don´t know how to explain this, you guys are just gonna have to wing that.

ALRIGHTY! ALSO! During the middle of the friggin class in Sunday School, people wearing like skirt things will just literally take their shoes off and start rubbing on some bug cream... Like they are just on the beach and everything is chill............ WHAT!?

yea.

OH MY GOSH! THIS PAST SUNDAY! Someone walked in while the lady was giving the class! And it was this homeless guy who had like 1 eye and his hair was all big and wack! His clothes were dirty and he looked REALLY SCARY! He walked in and started mumbling and asking for money!

So I got up and went over to him. He looked up at me because I´m like taller than everyone here. I said to him; come with me, let´s talk. He didn´t say anything after that and he followed me out the door. HA! And then he asked me for money and I was like sorry we can´t give money out... And he left.

So yea, that happened. (I´m REALLY COOL!)

Um.. The lightning is really really bright and strong here. Isn´t it called thunder if it's like really loud and stuff? I don´t know but ITS SICK AND I LOVE IT! It rains SO HARD TOO!

GREAT! I HAVE JUST MADE THE BIGGEST LETTER EVER! I don´t think you guys will even read all of it. WELL IF YOU DON´T YOU´RE MISSING OUT! So HA!

Hey! Thank you everyone for reading my stuff! I love you all and I love being a missionary!

P.S. There´s a really cool/funny video out that is a parody to the song: Hello by Adele. And instead of Adele there are missionaries and its REALLY FUNNY! So go watch it everyone! I don´t know what its called but its a missionary parody to Hello by Adele!

SWEET! Thank y´all again for being the BEST EVER! Miss all of you. SEND ME MORE PICTURES! ANYONE! I love pictures. :)

OH! And I sent like 10000000 photos today to my dad so he is probably putting those up on my site! If you want to see them check out my site in like a week or something. I sent him a lot so I don´t know how fast he´s going to have them up there! BYE BYE!

Impressions of CHILE BECAUSE I LEARNED CHILEAN WORDS FROM MY COMPANION!:
Bacon means capo! Which means Cool! Like you can call someone bacon if they´re cool. Only if they were cool though. CHAPO is used whenever someone makes a joke and it's funny. You have to say CHAAAPO if it's actually funny. If it's not funny you say chaaaa...  :) listo!

I love you guys! Everyone say hi to me please! I´m like a lot of kilometers away, so, yea. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment