Monday, November 6, 2017

96th Week Out, Week 16 Garupa "Tour Guides"

I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing you can tell me concerning the Gospel that is not already written. Especially as we live in a time with the "fullness of the Gospel" revealed to us. Of course one could say that there are plenty of things we don't know. I see what Jarom means, "For what could I write more than my fathers have written? For have not they revealed the plan of Salvation?" (Jarom 1:2)

The prophets use so much intelligent/spiritual reasoning!! Looking over my notes, I came to the realization that many if not all of the things I have written down are thoughts that have already been made by millions and millions of other saints. Furthermore, I believe all of the thoughts I have made, like small discoveries of hidden riches, have ALL been touched upon by the prophets, seers, and revelators.

We might even stretch all the way out there and say that most if not all moral themes and ideas have been harvested by prophets of the Lord. The salvation of man-kind down to good manners, even positive thinking may have all been completely explored and put on display with tour-guides in the Book of Mormon! Why now do even our Latter-day prophets in 2017 urge us to read again the words of the prophets? The most recent general conference ended with Elder Anderson BECKONING us to search again through the other general conference talks.

"And whoso recieveth this record ... the same shall know of GREATER THINGS THAN THESE. Behold I am Moroni; and WERE IT POSSIBLE, I WOULD MAKE ALL THINGS KNOWN UNTO YOU." (Moroni 8:12)

I think if Moroni commenced in revealing "all things" to us he would start by reading the words already written by prophets, seers, and revelators.

THEREFORE, do we have any excuse to not read the words of the prophets? To be idle? To be less-active? To not magnify our calling? To go to church every Sunday and nourish ourselves with the sweet word? ETC...

If all things are pertaining to Perfection, Salvation, and just good living, THEN NO! As we are placed before the great bar of God He will ask us, what did ye do in the day of your probation? Did you take advantage of the most gracious gifts of knowledge that were given? Did you seek out all the gifts and talents that I gave you even before the world was?

I know that the Gospel is the university of God for all those who THIRST and HUNGER to SEE and to HEAR. The Gospel is what challenges men to walk uprightly. The Lord is a God of knowledge. He is so open to us.. I love our Heavenly Father. He wants us to walk, not crawl. He wants us to speak, to see, to feel, to understand.

It may be inappropriate to exercise my calling's power over written email but, I promise --- all those who desire and are willing to go and do all of the things that the Lord commands --- you will be lifted up on that glorious last day and every day before that. You will look back on the trail you leave and regret none of it. D&C 58:42; D&C 45:57; D&C 45:5; D&C 43:17,19; D&C 59:24. 

In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment