Monday, July 24, 2017

80th Week Out, Week 16 Puerto Iguazu "WEW...I'm being transferred and becoming ZL1!"

Hello! This is the week of transfers.
I will be going to a place called Garupa! I've been there before!
I was there a lot doing divisions with the zone leaders. But I guess
it's my turn now to be the zone leader as I will be moved up to ZL1!
They aren't even going to train me. I'm going to be straight up the
senior companion zone leader with a missionary that has only 4 or 5
months. My zone is also the 2nd largest in my mission. But everything's
fine, tranquilo! I'm probably going to end the mission in this setting.
So YEA MAN! I'm just going to go to work, and finish strong! I can also 
visit my first area and my first baptisms!

But to end my email I would just like to talk about an experience.
Over my mission I have noticed that I think more and speak less.
I think the longest parts of my mission are the hours and hours
spent waiting to board and to arrive in the large 2 story omnibuses
of South America! I decided one day that I wasn't going to be tempted
by the entertainment of the television screens but I meditated with 
Heavenly Father for as long as the trip would go. I think it was that
day that I really started thinking. I started my prayer and it was like
I had openned the fridge for the 5th time looking for some kind of food
that maybe I had missed again! My brain was as if it were, stuck on
windows 98 still! A barren wasteland it was. But I walked around it however.
Long-story short, I reached a new platform in my mind. It wasn't just a
calculator, or a memory card. But a stage, and a theater. A refuge, and
a classroom. A holy place, and a battle ground. I flew through dimensions
even as Doctor Strange! (yes I saw it in an omnibus, I'm a sinner)

May sound a little cheesy, until you experience it yourself.


What is the gift of knowledge?

Impressions of Puerto Iguazu:
I am the first Elder apparently in a long time to establish a relationship
with the Branch President here. He teared up my last day in his house. It was
over a small tie that he told me he liked a while back, and I gave it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment